By Jorge V José
On the fortieth anniversary of the Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless conception (BKT), this informative quantity seems to be again at the various advancements and achievements and sundry physics purposes which ensued from the attractive BKT vortex-unbinding seminal idea.
During the final 4 many years, BKT idea, that's undeniably probably the most very important advancements in condensed topic and theoretical physics of the second one half the 20th century, has multiplied greatly. it's been used and prolonged from many alternative theoretical and experimental views. New and unforeseen gains were exposed from the BKT concept. considering its inception, except purposes in condensed topic physics, the speculation has been actively utilized in different branches of physics, similar to excessive power physics, atomic physics, nuclear physics, statistical physics, nonlinear structures, and so forth. This makes the speculation an fundamental subject for all who're inquisitive about physics.
An foreign crew of specialists, each one of whom has left his mark at the advancements of this extraordinary idea and experimental functions, give a contribution either historic essays and extra special present technical and experimental money owed to this quantity. those articles spotlight the hot discoveries from the respective authors' perspectives.
This exact quantity celebrates the impression over 4 a long time of the BKT concept on smooth physics. as well as the historic viewpoint supplied by means of Kosterlitz and Thouless's review, the amount offers a entire description of experimental and theoretical purposes and extensions of the BKT theory.
- Early paintings on illness pushed part Transitions (J M Kosterlitz and D J Thouless)
- Duality, Gauge Symmetries, Renormalization teams and the BKT Transition (J V José)
- Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in the course of the Eyes of Duality (G Ortiz, E Cobanera and Z Nussinov)
- The Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in Superconductors (A M Goldman)
- Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition in the Sine–Gordon process: The function of the Vortex-Core strength (L Benfatto, C Castellani and T Giamarchi)
- The Two-Dimensional totally annoyed XY version (S Teitel)
- Charges and Vortices in Josephson Junction Arrays (R Fazio and G Schön)
- Superinsulator–Superconductor Duality in Dimensions and Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Transition (V M Vinokur and T I Baturina)
- BKT Physics with Two-Dimensional Atomic Gases (Z Hadzibabic and J Dalibard)
- Vortex Physics within the Quantum corridor Bilayer (H A Fertig and G Murthy)
Readership: Graduate scholars and researchers in condensed subject and theoretical physics.
Read or Download 40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory PDF
Best molecular physics books
Dieser Folgeband zu N. Straumanns "Quantenmechanik" enthält den relativistischen Teil einer zweiteiligen Vorlesung, die der Autor viele Male gehalten hat. Der Stoff ist im element ausgearbeitet und durch Kapitel aus der Quantenelektrodynamik ergänzt worden. Das Buch ist eine gründliche Einführung in die Quantenfeldtheorie und ihre Anwendungen.
An figuring out of the collisions among micro debris is of significant value for the variety of fields belonging to physics, chemistry, astrophysics, biophysics and so on. the current publication, a idea for electron-atom and molecule collisions is built utilizing non-relativistic quantum mechanics in a scientific and lucid demeanour.
This quantity maintains the culture of the Advances sequence. It comprises contributions from specialists within the box of atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics. The articles comprise a few evaluation fabric, yet are meant to supply a finished photograph of contemporary very important advancements in AMO physics.
This publication illustrates the complementarity of molecular beam (MB) spectra and ultracold molecule (UM) spectra in unraveling the complicated digital spectra of diatomic alkali steel molecules, utilizing KRb as a chief instance. Researchers drawn to molecular spectroscopy, no matter if physicist, chemist, or engineer, might locate this publication precious and will be ready to observe related rules to their molecules of curiosity.
- Ionization Waves in Electrical Breakdown of Gases
- Radio Recombination Lines: Their Physics and Astronomical Applications (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- Nuclear Fusion Research: Understanding Plasma-Surface Interactions: 78 (Springer Series in Chemical Physics)
- Relativistic Heavy-Particle Collision Theory
Additional info for 40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory
40 Years of Berezinskii–Kosterlitz–Thouless Theory by Jorge V José